NATALIE BURTON OLY
- A research professor who studies courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and has a skill for taking the data and relating it to our everyday lives. Every time I listen to Brene or read her words I have light bulb moments where something really clicks with me.
- I was inspired to write about the impact Brene’s book Daring Greatly had on me. You can read it here on my blog.
- Read ‘Daring Greatly’. This book explains how vulnerability is a normal part of our everyday lives, and how we commonly view it as a weakness and something to run away from. It delves into the strategies we use to fight the feelings associated with being vulnerable, and how these strategies are actually distancing us from the things that bring the most meaning and joy to our lives.
- Check out Brene's website here
- David Bayer goes beyond an explanation of the power of our thoughts. He highlights how our limiting beliefs hold us back, and takes you through a step-by-step program on how to change the way you think in order to achieve your vision.
- Through his website you can download his free Mind Hack book
- Watch an interview by Tom Bilyeu (The Impact Theory) where David explains his theories through a Q&A session. Great as a starting point.
- Sam uses his inspiring and deeply personal story to show how adversity can be a launching pad to reach greater heights.
- Read ‘Bounce Forward’ in which Sam highlights that merely bouncing back from adversity is not enough. Instead he explains how we can transform crisis into success and therefore bounce forward.
- Check out Sam's website here.
- Host of Impact Theory; a series of interviews with various world-wide leaders and high achievers where they share their secrets of success
- His website and videos are a great way to get introduced to a diverse number of impressive, thought-provoking people
- Author of 'Playing Big' ; book designed for women but just as relatable for men
- This book delves into our limiting beliefs, and exposes how they have been holding us back from going after and creating what we truly want in life. Tara gives steps on how to take the power away from your inner critic, outlines the different types of fear we may feel and how to quiet the one that holds us back, explains how to unhook from praise and criticism (blog post coming soon), exposes the infantile excuses we give ourselves to hide in life, and finishes it off with encouraging you to take a leap into the unknown.
- All through the book there are questions which prompt you to journal and I found these really useful and eye opening
- Check out her website here